Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three questions: 

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading? 
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading? "Kamchatka" by Marcelo Figueras. I haven't read many - if any! - South American books, and my knowledge of that part of the world is pretty limited I have to admit, so this is  a great introduction. 
From the inside front cover: The story of a young boy forced to square fantasy with a reality in which family, politics, history and even time itself have become more improbably than any fiction.
But I've also just picked up the second book in the Dakota Born Trilogy, "Dakota Home", by Debbie Macomber, so it might be a race to see which I finish first!

What did you recently finish reading? I started "Dakota Born" on the weekend, but didn't finish it and had to leave the book behind at my booklovers B&B. What a parting! But on the plus side - I had an excuse to go out and buy the trilogy. Which is exactly what I did yesterday - found it, AND finished it! 
I also recently finished "Whitethorn Woods" by Maeve Binchy. I suddenly had a craving for Maeve's writing and she didn't disappoint - although it was the most unusual book. Each chapter was dedicated to a couple of the "village folk" and you always got two sides to each couple, but the underlying plot related to a highway that was going to be developed through the town, and that never eventuated. Really rather odd!

What do you think you'll read next? Well, seeing as I now have all three of the Dakota Born Trilogy by Debbie Macomber, it will probably be number three, "Always Dakota." 

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, Kamchatka looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcelo Figueras.. is he brazilian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of Figueras but it sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete