Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
--Grab your current read
--Open to a random page
--share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Be sure NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
--Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

My current read is Water for Elephants, and given the popularity of this book most of you out there have probably already read a teaser from its pages, or posted a teaser yourself! So I've chosen a teaser from my latest purchase: 

"Eduardo felt guilty. Last night's stolen kiss was the first thing he had thought of when he opened his eyes that morning, and although the memory brought him some pleasure, he realised he had scared the little peasant girl."
p114: Summer at the Villa Rosa, by Nicky Pellegrino

Except, after opening to page 114 to share this teaser with you - I've realised I've already read this book! Oh dear, a truly blonde moment!

11 comments:

  1. Oh nice! I've been meaning to pick this one up before I see the movie. Thanks for checking mine out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser. I saw an interview with Reese Witherspoon tonight on TV. The movie hasn't started down here in NZ yet.

    Here’s My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good teaser, sounds like a charming book. That's funny you forgot you already read it though! I keep a list like my mom used to do.

    Here's ours if you get a chance to stop by: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-teasers-3-for-you-today.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. I have this one on my kindle waiting for me.
    Sally.
    Here's mine:
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teaser. I might have this one in my TBR. I'll have to check. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious :D That's happened to me too :) though it happens when it is a series I've read half of etc..

    My teaser is the latest fantasy novel by Elizabeth Moon from e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eduardo sounds like a bad boy! I must read Water for Elephants as the film is being released soon. Seen previews and looks like a great tale.

    My TT is for Henning Mankell's "The Troubled Man", the finale novel in his Kurt Wallander mysteries. Link: Summit Musings

    BTW, I love Victoria--especially Roger's Chocolates--the soft creams. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good teaser. I've picked up books before, not realizing I had already read them,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this book but great teaser!

    Che @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of the book but the teaser was great! Thanks for sharing.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete