Friday, April 22, 2011

Book Beginnings...on a Friday


 
A little bit of fun on a Friday, this weekly meme is hosted by A Few More Pages
I'll share the first line (or two) of the book I'm currently reading (including the title and author) and let you know what my first impressions are - good or bad!

    "The last thing papa said to me, the last word from his lips, was 'Kamchatka'. He kissed me, his stubble scratching my cheek, then climbed into the Citroen."
    Kamchatka, by Marcelo Figueras

    Well, this beginning is obviously good, because I'm hooked! It's the story of a 10-year-old boy, set in 1970s Buenos Aires. I've never read anything set in South America before so I'm really looking forward to it!

    3 comments:

    1. OK, so my first thought was this: what is Kamchatka? The story sounds interesting, though!

      Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I haven't read anything set in South American, either. I keep wondering if authors in South America don't get their books translated into English often. There is definitely a shortage of good South American literature.

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is a great idea for a post, and it sounds like an interesting book. Will you let us know your views when you finish it?

      ReplyDelete