Saturday, April 2, 2011

B... is for books

B... is for books
Well, it wouldn't be an A-Z blogging challenge for this bookworm without mention of the pages I spend most of my time in. If I'm talking about a few of my favourite things this month it's only fitting that books go at the top of the list. You'll find most of my favourite books written about each Friday, so today I thought I'd reveal those books that have stumped me. Yep - there are some out there I just haven't been able to finish.

1. Sophie's World, by Jostein Gaarder
It started off ok, but then it just seemed to never end!

2. Life of Pie, by Yann Martel
This one just confused me!

3. The Orchid Thief, by Susan Orlean
I tried everything - even watching the movie first - but in the end, I just couldn't get past page 50.

4. The Fiery Cross, by Diana Gabaldon
I absolutely loved this series, couldn't get enough of it... until book five and I stopped halfway through. I was in need of some other characters to read about so I took a break, and sadly, that was five years ago!

5. Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte
Can you believe it? I haven't finished Wuthering Heights - and I got so close as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I like Life of Pi. I read it last year. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books

    ReplyDelete