Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three questions: 
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading? 
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading?: I've just started Whitethorn Woods, by Maeve Binchey. I haven't read one of her books for a long time, and just suddenly felt like one of hers - so far, so good! Much like Jill Mansell, she's another one that won't let you down!

What did you recently finish reading?: I've just finished Hannah Waters and the daughter of Johann Sebastian Bach, by Barbara Nickel. It's a sweet little story, following the lives of Bach's daughter while at the same time interspersing chapters with a story of a young girl in present day, learning to play the composer's famed, Bach Double. 
And last week I also managed to finish, The Secret Life of Josephine, by Carolly Erickson, and really enjoyed it. I didn't know anything about the "Empress of France/Napolean's wife", but Josephine was certainly a character, and this 'historical entertainment' as the author describes it, definitely lived up to its name. 

What do you think you'll read next? I've just looked back at last week's WWW and realised that of the three books that were possibles, only one has been picked up. But then I guess that's better than none at all. At the moment, my next book tends to be according to whatever takes my fancy, but I am considering Boy and Man, by Niall Williams. 

3 comments:

  1. The Secret Life of Josephine sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Irish authors like Maeve Binchey. Circle of Friends is Great. Also love irish author Patrick Taylor he's fairly new. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love Maeve Binchy, but haven't read any of hers for years. I'll have to have a look sometime and see what she's been writing lately.

    Here's my WWW this week http://sophiasbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/www-wednesday-200411.html

    ReplyDelete