Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
--Grab your current read
--Open to a random page
--share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Be sure NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
--Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

"Is she still beautiful?" I hear them say to one another as they pass below my window. "Or has she shrivelled and withered, now that she no longer wears a crown? Now that the former emperor no longer loves her? She must be fifty years old now! She must have lost her looks."
p1 The Secret Life of Josephine: A novel, by Carolly Erikson


15 comments:

  1. What a horrible thing to overhear. Good teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this sounds really good!! I'm definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, definitely one I should grab! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they aren't talking about her. That would be pretty hard to hear if it were. Great teaser.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is terrific. Really pulls you into the story. I'll have to check this out.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, harsh. SOunds like a good book, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh...FIFTY?! She may as well just curl up and die if she that old!! Just kidding, of course! I hope she shows them a thing or two :-)

    Great teaser! Hope all is well up your way :-)

    http://centralcaligrrrl.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-teaser_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. good teaser, I will have to check this book out!
    here’s my teaser link: http://booksavvybabe.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to hit the person speaking in that teaser now!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower. :)

    Your teaser is definitely very fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this teaser and I am adding it to my list. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays-the-kitchen-daughter.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser. Those people are saying such terrible things.

    Mine is here: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/teaser-tuesday-the-winds-of-khalakovo/

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sad! To think some people are so shallow, and some are, that they would make such assumptions. Good spoiler, though.

    My Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cruel thing to overhear - if it's about one's self.

    My group's teasers are here: Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete