Monday, April 11, 2011

10 good things on a Monday... children's books


I think I'm a big kid at heart... but then aren't we all?

The other evening, while husband was in the kitchen, I took off my bookshelf, Paddington: My Book of Marmalade, by Michael Bond. A celebration of sticky paws and marmalade memories to mark 50 years of this loveable bear.

So, inspired by Paddington, this Monday's 10 good things are the children's books I love:
1. The Useless Donkeys, by Lydia Pender

The Jolly Postman - Janet & Allan Ahlberg New hardcover picture book2. The Jolly Postman, by Janet and Allan Ahlberg

3. Hairy Maclary, by Lynley Dodd

4. The Rainbow Fish, by Marcus Pfister

5. The Berenstain Bears, by Stan and Jan Berenstain

6. The Kweeks of Kookatumdee, by Bill Peet

7. Where's Wally, by Martin Handford

8. Animalia and The Eleventh Hour, by Graeme Base

9. Corduroy, by Don Freeman


10. Dear Zoo, by Rod Campbell









Ten Good Things on a Monday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by 
Nina and Argh
It's dedicated to every person's compulsive list-writing and is a list of ten things that will cheer us up and help us tide over the whole week. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved Where's Wally when I was a kid! You reminded me of the fun I had watching the cartoon version and screwing my eyes trying to spot Wally in pictures.

    Thank you for sharing your cute and good things Ann! Have a great week!

    Brush Up On Your Reading

    ReplyDelete