Monday, April 4, 2011

Ten good things on a Monday... fabulous covers

This week, Nina and Arghhost of Ten Good Things on a Monday, has listed her 10 favourite Lady Gaga outfits.  So I've stuck with the image theme, but instead have listed my 10 favourite book covers - the original ones of course. Why do publishers change such beautiful covers second time round I wonder?


2. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

3. Hairy Maclary & Zachary Quack
Not to mention the original Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy!


4. Here at the End of the World we Learn to Dance, by Lloyd Jones
Mr Pip also has a fantastic cover.

5. Unaccustomed Earth, by Jhumpa Lahiri

6. The Elegance of the Hedgehog, by Muriel Barbery
The first edition was beautiful. I'm not taken by the second.

I can't say I was particularly taken by this book, but the cover certainly got my attention!


8. What I think about when I think about running, by Haruki Murakami 



9. Let Me Sing you Gentle Songs, by Linda Olsson


10.And then of course any cover of Jill Mansell's books!

Ten Good Things on a Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Nina and ArghIt's dedicated to every person's compulsive list-writing. Every Monday I'll make a list of ten things that will cheer us up and help us tide over the whole week. It won't necessarily be a list of books - it might be ice cream flavours, or chocolate, or exotic travel locations.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome list! I like number 3's cover the best. :)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful covers. So fun :) The last one is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These do look awesome! And they look way better than even some of Lady Gaga's outfits :D

    Thank you for sharing your good things for this week Ann! Have a great week!

    Brush Up On Your Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't seen that cover of Elegance of the Hedgehog! I quite like it. Good list

    Thanks for stopping by my place and commenting.

    ReplyDelete