Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three questions: 

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading? 
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading?: I've just started The Secret Life of Josephine, by Carolly Erickson. I picked it up because of it's green colour - this month's colour for the Cover Love Challenge. But I'm already finding it a fascinating read. It's the story of Josephine, Napoleon's wife and Empress of France - and she is coming across as quite some woman!

What did you recently finish reading?: Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen. Yes - I did it! Ticked it off the list, and I promise to post the review before the week is through! You can all hold me to it!

What do you think you'll read next? At this stage I actually have no idea at all, but a quick look at my bookshelf shows the contenders to be: The Gathering, by Anne Enright (which I also said last week would be the book I'd read next!); Hannah Waters and the daughter of Johann Sebastian Bach, by Barbara Nickel (which I featured in last week's Friday beginnings); or possibly The Accidental Tourist, by Anne Tyler, recommended to me by my book loving Aunt.

3 comments:

  1. Am curious to read your review of Water for Elephants. It spent a long time on my to be read pile because of mixed reviews by friends and family. However, I found myself unable to put it down and finished quite quickly.
    Regarding your question - House Rules is very well written (at least as far as I have read) and Picoult has done an excellent job portraying a family affected by Aspergers. Because it hits close to home (my daughter has Aspergers), I haven't been able to just enjoy it as much as her other books though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really interested to see your review for Water for Elephants. I still have to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been delaying on Water for Elephants for what seems like forever. Maybe I'll just do the movie and be done with it.

    ReplyDelete