Sunday, April 10, 2011

H... is for hot chocolate


H... is for hot chocolate
I'm late, I'm late... for a very important date! I know it's Sunday, and this challenge is all about not blogging on Sundays, but Saturday was my day away from the computer this weekend, so my post for my favourite thing beginning with H is taking place now!

I'm not a coffee drinker, and only after moving to the UK did I become a tea drinker. How could I not after all! But my lack of coffee drinking has at times been a severe social disability. See a deal for coffee and cake and the waitress won't change it for hot chocolate and cake, nor will she change it for tea and cake... although she will give me hot water and cake... but that just doesn't have quite the same ring.

So my hot chocolates tend to be consumed in the privacy of my own home, and that's because it is extremely hard to find a GOOD hot chocolate anywhere else. What's the secret to a good hot chocolate you ask? Here is the answer...

1 HEAPED teaspoon of hot chocolate powder. Just the normal stuff will do - doesn't have to be fancy
1 cup of hot water to melt the hot chocolate
1 splash of milk (although I know some people prefer it the other way round. A cup full of hot milk and a splash of hot water.... I'd suggest trying it both ways)
1 GENEROUS handful of marshmallows
a dusting of chocolate powder
1 chocolate fish to go with the hot chocolate

A hot chocolate isn't a hot chocolate without the chocolate fish!


No comments:

Post a Comment