Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
--Grab your current read
--Open to a random page
--share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Be sure NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
--Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

"There are eight daily papers, many more than any American city has - even if several seem devoted more to photographs of women's breasts and coverage of the unsavory sexual pasts of contestants in the television show "Big Brother" - and many of them cover the book business as though it were a spectator sport."
p29, Imagined London, by Anna Quindlen

16 comments:

  1. Love the teaser. I'm heading to London soon so I'll have to check out all the papers.

    Here's mine:

    http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/teaser-tuesday-aug-30/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Anna Quindlin but I haven't read this one. The teaser sounds good. I'll have to check it out.

    Margot @ Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Anna Quindlin! Great teaser, her book looks so good - nice cover too.

    Thanks for coming by to see my teaser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting!

    thanks for stopping by and following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Anna Quindlen! This teaser is great...who wouldn't enjoy a quality newspaper that so thoroughly covered the book business? Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my teaser:
    http://thewordjar.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/teaser-tuesday-august-30-oink-my-life-with-minipigs-by-matt-whyman/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an intriguing book. I'm definitely going to check it out. :)

    ~DJL
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Teaser! Thanks. Have not read Anna Quindlen yet will have to check her out. Here is my teaser...
    http://peggyannspost.blogspot.com/2011/08/its-teaser-tuesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome teaser! Long time no see! I'm back though :)

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser, and so true! Sounds like this is an interesting read.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  10. How are you liking this one? I tried reading it. Didn't get very far. Hope you write a review. I might try reading it again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting teaser! New follower!

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser! Haven't read any of her books yet :)

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-and-interview-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely teaser! Haven't heard of this one before, but it definitely sounds like something I should read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book has been on my TBR list for a while. This teaser makes it move up a bit.

    ReplyDelete