Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Musings


Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading 
This week’s musing is… a book meme!
What was the last book you…
• borrowed from the library?
I actually have a whole pile of library books at the moment but the library book I borrowed that I'm reading at the moment is Friday Nights by Joanna Trollope. 75 pages to go and counting!

• bought?
 Hhmmmm.... I just bought 3 copies of The Little Giant of Aberdeen County, by Tiffany Baker. They were too good to resist at just $2 each - and hardcover at that. But they were gifts... does that count?
The last book I bought for myself was... actually I think it was the same (woops - blonde moment!)

• cried over?
Goodbye Sarajevo,  by Atka Reid and Hana Schofield - it's the story of two sisters in the Bosnian War of the 1990s and the lives during and after this horrific period. Incredible! My best read of the year so far.  



• disliked and couldn’t finish?
The one I'm reading at the moment actually - Friday Nights by Joanna Trollope, but I'm determined not to let it beat me!

• read & loved?
I've had a good run of books I've loved this year, but perhaps one that comes to mind is The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Now for the movie!

• got for review? (or: got in the mail?)
 The last book I got in the mail was actually a Lonely Planet Guide to Jordan - where I'll be in just 8 weeks time! I can't wait!

• gave to someone else?
The Tea Rose and The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly - I've been sending them to everyone!

• stayed up too late reading?
Um... all of them?! But The Dakota Born Trilogy, by Debbie Macomber was very tough to put down.

PS: Does anyone know why my text is highlighted in white?

7 comments:

  1. Maybe when you were going to change colors in the print, and you hit the highlight button instead of the change color button. I really don't know why.

    I have Dakota Born, and Dakota Home, the first and second books of the Trilogy, now I want to start reading them. But will have to wait until winter, in the meantime it sounds like I better look for the third book to the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I am going to have to check out Goodbye Sarajevo now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodbye Sarajevo sounds really interesting - I'm definitely checking that out.

    Not sure why your text would have a highlight - maybe you should check the html code?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it must be great to have a whole pile of library books - I am still in search of the perfect library, there are very few of those where I live!
    I had someone recommend Goodbye Sarajevo to me! Definitely sounds like a wonderful book, and I adore the cover! Adding it to my TBR list :)
    Nice answers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, half of your text is definitely highlighted in white ;)

    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read The Help. I'm on the waiting list at the library for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Goodbye Sarajevo might have been a school text I missed out on years ago - in any event I have definitely heard good things about it before. Thanks for reminding me about it, I will definitely check it out. Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete