Friday, August 26, 2011

Book Beginnings...on a Friday



 
A little bit of fun on a Friday, this weekly meme is hosted by A Few More Pages
I'll share the first line (or two) of the book I'm currently reading (including the title and author) and let you know what my first impressions are - good or bad!

"Not for the first time, an argument had broken out over breakfast at number four, Privet Drive."

For the diehard fans you won't need another sentence I'm sure!
But for those a little like me who have yet to really get caught up in the magic... here's an extra sentence:

"Mr Vernon Dursley had been woken in the early hours of the morning by a loud, hooting noise from his nephew Harry's room."

Yep, you guessed it, Harry Potter #2 - this weekend I'm getting stuck into Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - my first time ever! And after reading these first two sentences... I can't wait!

Roll on the weekend

4 comments:

  1. Great excerpts! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why were the Dursleys so dumb to keep being so mean to Harry after it was pretty clear...

    Have fun with the reread.

    Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading this one as well!! Hope you're enjoying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I don´t know where else to post it, but I´ve some Awards for you.
    http://dasaunddaso.wordpress.com/2011/08/28/meine-ersten/

    All the best!
    Cornelia

    ReplyDelete