I've had a number of books recommended to me over the years, mainly from my wonderfully wacky ma-in-law, as well as a few friends, although truth be told I'm usually the one doing the recommending!
But here are the top 10 recommendations that have been given to me!
1. The Help
Two friends, one on each side of the globe, recently recommended this book to me, and (at times I think I must be living in la la land) on Sunday I found out it's being turned into a movie, so this is definitely going towards the top of my TBR pile.
2. Edward Rutherfurd's books: London, Sarum, The Forest
Husband has read, and enjoyed these, and as such as recommended them - but they're just so long!!!!
3. Think Bigger, Michael Hill
This is a biography of Michael Hill, a NZ jeweller, businessman, and entrepreneur. This book was recommended to me by my brother's girlfriend - and she readily admits she's not much of a reader, so it must be good to hold her attention!
4. Winter in Madrid, C. J Sansom
A friend of mine has just taken a sabbatical from a very interesting job, packed up her bags, and headed to Spain for 6 months - I am very envious! But she's been reading up on all things Spain, including this book, which she's since recommended.
5. Clan of the Cave Bear, Jean M Auel
An oldie, but a goodie, my friend has told me - but I still have to get around to reading it!
6. Novel About My Wife, Emily Perkins
A mother-in-law recommendation that is currently sitting on my shelf waiting to be read!
7. The Lollipop Shoes, Joanne Harris
I have a whole pile of Joanne Harris books waiting to be read, but I'm tempted to start with this one.
8. This Charming Man, Marian Keyes
A recommendation from a real bookworm!
9. Why French Women Don't Get Fat, Mireille Guiliano
10. The Ice Princess, Camilla LackbergA friend told me this is meant to be the next 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' sensation!
But I now have a confession to make... I actually haven't read any of these!