Monday, June 20, 2011

Ten Good Things on a Monday... double trouble

One of the (many) challenges I have signed up to is "A 2nds challenge" - to read either a second book in a series, or a second book by an author I've read before. I've opted for the latter, seeing as I've also signed up to the "1st in a series" challenge and lets just say, I haven't made much progress.


Both of these challenges are hosted by  A Few More Pages, and they've given me an idea for my Monday list this week. To take a look at my bookshelf to see what authors I have two or more books from. I have a feeling I'm about to realise that I will have no excuse not to meet this challenge!


1. Jodie Picoult
I've got quite a collection here: My Sisters Keeper (of course!), Handle With Care, 19 Minutes, The Tenth Circle, Songs of the Humpback Whale...


2. Lesley Pearse
I'm a huge Lesley Pearse fan, so much so that even if I've read one of her books, I'd still go out and buy it just to have on my bookshelf! Especially, Gypsy, Ellie, Trust Me and Never Look Back.


3. Linda Holeman
I hadn't realised I had multiple books by her on my shelf, until I read The Saffron Gate. I'm now going to try and get through The Linnet Bird as a book to add to this 2nds challenge.


4. Joanne Harris
I have a pile of hers sitting at the front of my shelf: Chocolate, Five Quarters of the Orange, Blackberry Wine, Coastliners.... and I haven't read a single one!


5. David Mitchell
Speaking of not having read a single book - I also have a David Mitchell collection: Cloud Atlas, Black Swan Green, Ghostwritten ... although these take quite some reading!


6. Alexander McCall Smith
This pile of books just keeps growing. It's a TBR pile all of its very own!


7. Nicky Pellegrino
I only had one of Nicky Pellegrino's books on my shelf, The Italian Wedding, then was very excited to see another one in the bookshop - which I duly bought of course. Only to get home and find I'd already read it. But what was that I was saying about buying a book just for the shelf?! I've since added another one to the collection, The Villa Girls, and can't wait to get stuck in!


8. Carolly Erickson
I first read a book by Carolly Erickson earlier this year, about the Secret Life of Josephine. Now I see her books everywhere, and better yet, they tend to come wit a bargain $2 sticker on them, so I'm fast adding to the collection: The Tsarina's Daughter, The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette, The Memoirs of Mary Queen of Scotts... now just to find the time to read them all!


9. Maeve Binchy
Maeve Binchy's books are a bit like a packet of ready made cake mix. You always have to have some in the cupboard - or in this case on the bookshelf - for those emergencies (or when you're feeling lazy!)


10. Jeffrey Archer
I've just started a collection of Jeffrey Archer novels. Husband is racing through them; I tend to get distracted by other books along the way, but so far on the shelf we have: First Among Equals, Sons of Fortune, The Fourth Estate, False Impression... although the one I'm really looking out for is Prison Diaries!


Ten Good Things on a Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Nina and Argh

2 comments:

  1. I have loads of Jodi Ps but haven't read all that many! It's rare for me to only have 1 book by an author unless they've only written 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first book I've ever read from Jodi Picoult was House Rules, and I really loved it. I'm looking forward to reading other books from her.

    Thank you for sharing your Good Things this week, Ann! Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete