Friday, June 24, 2011

Book Beginnings...on a Friday


 
A little bit of fun on a Friday, this weekly meme is hosted by A Few More Pages
I'll share the first line (or two) of the book I'm currently reading (including the title and author) and let you know what my first impressions are - good or bad!

"I'm happy being single, really I am. There's no space in my life for a man. No room in my cupboards for his socks and jerseys, nowhere for his jars of hair wax or shaving sticks."
p1, The Villa Girls, by Nicky Pellegrino

I haven't yet started this book, but it's on the list of contenders for my next read, and after reading this beginning I am intrigued! I've read a few other books by Nicky Pellegrino and enjoyed each one, so I have a feeling I can't go wrong!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read of her books. Those first lines make me want to read this one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What on earth is a shaving stick? Sounds interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun beginning! She is just asking for a man to come into her life, isn't she?
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can relate to that...it's definitely more fun to not have to share one's space....

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that start since it really sets the tone for the book. It sounds like it will be a fun read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good! It would be nice to keep life so simple, since men seem to complicate things. LOL

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete