Monday, June 6, 2011

Musing Mondays

This week’s musing asks…
Where is your favorite place to read?
I've always been an 'at home' reader - in bed, on the couch, at the kitchen table, on the deck... but lately I've taken to reading in coffee shops, and I absolutely love it. I thought I'd get distracted - as my other love (second only to books) is people watching, but it seems I can multi-task and do both things at once! However, the catch is, I have to have a nice comfy chair in a coffee shop - can't read sitting at a table or perched on a bar stool, but find me a reading chair in a Starbucks corner, put an extra hot chai tea latte in my hand, and I'm in heaven!

8 comments:

  1. Chai latte, yum!
    I do a lot of reading in coffee shops also, there's someting about the background noise of the machines and the people talking that is bvery soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do that, but find that when there is loud conversations taking place around me, I get distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a Starbucks in the sleepy little town in Norway where I live, but when we go on our vacation to Dublin, Ireland in a few weeks I will most definately read my book there..with a cup of hot chocolate!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today :) Hugs from Anette :)

    http://anettesbokboble.blogg.no/1307374349_musing_mondays__where.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love people watching too. The best place I've found to do it is at the airport!!

    http://2faith2.blogspot.com/2011/06/musing-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be people watching! ha! ha! We have no coffee house in Hickville just "dinners" where they still smoke a lot so I'm a homebody or in the car reader.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm more of a home reader too. I read a lot in the car while waiting for hubby while he shops. I enjoy reading at Barnes and Noble bookstore and the Library some times, but like I said I enjoy home reading the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like getting out and reading a book while at a coffee house every now and then too. I bring a real book with me then, since I feel funny reading my Kindle in the B&N store for example :)

    Here's my Musing Mondays (June 6) post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't beat a comfy chair and some tea..I just like the chair to be in my house usually.

    ReplyDelete